Friday, January 29, 2016

DIY jewelry


It's been a while since I have constantly written or done anything on the blog, but 2016, here is hoping that will change.

A couple of years ago, I had begun taking classes on how to make jewelry and learned a lot of new techniques. I only knew how to use the jewelry stretchy cording. That was always the easiest thing that I had begun trying out with.

Of course, after the class, then I learned different techniques.

For instance, the memory wire is one of the new techniques I learned in the class at Michaels, the arts and crafts store. Really affordable and they make learning easy as well.

This bracelet was done with green and white pearl beads on memory wire.

Like any new technique, it takes new tools and patience to get the job done.

This is pretty easy to work with. They already sell memory wire to a specific size as well if you are interested in doing some jewelry for yourself.

Oriental trading is one of my favorite places where you can find this and in different colors as well. Along with a variety of beads and tools. All at pretty good price since they are a wholesale.

Hopefully, I can start to sell some of these things. I have a few pieces already and you'll be seeing them soon.

Have a great weekend everybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment