Friday, February 4, 2011

Jewelry

Jewelry made by Me


So recently, I've really gotten into two things. 

  1. Baking cookies, cakes and trying to practice decorating
  2. Making jewelry, mostly bracelets 
These are just a few examples of the bracelets I've been making. More are on their way. 

These are religious icons, I actually haven't shown them at my church, but I will. The iconic beading are the same, but I've re-arranged each one so that it looks differently. These bracelets were kind of a request from some of my friends who are heavily involved in church. They wanted me to do Rosaries, but I haven't sat down and figure it out. It's not as easy as they think it is, that is a little rougher on the eyes and it has to be precise when you do it. For now I'm starting small, and it may be a good business. lol! I sell quite a lot. These are to be sold at $2. It's not really that bad. 

Noter's Digest:
 Want to know how to make bracelets: 
Ok, the way I do it is the simple way. It won't require much work really. I want to learn how to different ones though.

Things you'll need:
  1. elastic jewelery string 
  2. scissors 
  3. ruler
  4. Jewelery glue
  5. and the selection of beads
How to:
  1. Wrap the string around your wrist 
  2. Once you get the desired length, use the ruler to add at least another 4 in. and cut it from that length
  3. once you do that, before yous tart string the beads, on a flat surface, this is what I do, get one end of the string and tape it down to the surface 
    1. this will help in the beads not flying off every time there's a bad movement. So you won't have to start over every time. Trust me you don't want that 
  4. Then you just start beading 
    1. If it's different assortments I suggest you figure out the design you want, and then start the beading. Again it will facilitate the process
  5. Once your done, measure at a certain point and make sure it fits nicely and perfectly around your wrist 
    1. then just add or take away beads 
  6. Once your done. Tie the two ends together
    1. What i do is like you tie your shoe, as the above pic. and I put a drop of jewelery making glue (specific glue I'll write it later, right now I've seem to have misplaced it)
    2. I repeat step 1, 2 or 3 times, and you have your fast and basic bracelet
Hope you enjoy. Please feel free to leave a comment or any questions regarding. I've put all basic steps that I use. 

No comments:

Post a Comment